A group of energetic, focused and highly motivated young adults are interested in giving back to their community, specifically interested in giving back to an organization that helped them during their formative years in school. This group is forming the Junior Board of Directors of Communities In Schools of the Dallas Region, Inc. (CISDR). The Junior Board wants to support the overall mission of CISDR through a variety of activities and engagements. They intend to act as ambassadors, share their experiences, and engage other community members with the overall goal of becoming the next generation of Directors.
The Junior Board has identified these action items as their agenda for board members:
- Support CISDR’s critical work in the community for students and their families
- Actively engage other young people to support CISDR, fundraising and advocacy
- Participate in important community service while gaining an sense of philanthropy
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn more about the vita work of CISDR
- Gain a high quality, organized and focused volunteer experience
The ultimate goal is to prepare themselves for the opportunity to serve on the CISDR Board of Directors and to complete the circle of giving back to the individuals and organization that gave so much to them during their school years.
For more information, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.