The CISDR Leadership Council is a group of energetic, focused and highly motivated young adults who are interested in giving back to their community and helping at-risk students throughout the Dallas region. The Leadership Council supports the overall mission of CISDR through a variety of activities and engagements, acting as ambassadors, sharing their experiences, and engaging other community members with the overall goal of becoming the next generation of community leaders and philanthropists.
- Support CISDR’s critical work in the community for students and their families
- Actively engage other young people to support CISDR, fundraising and advocacy
- Participate in important community service while gaining an sense of philanthropy
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn more about the vital work of CISDR
- Gain a high quality volunteer experience
The ultimate goal is to prepare themselves for the opportunity to serve on the CISDR Board of Directors, using their experience as young professionals learn from established community leaders and share their experiences to help future generations.
August 2018 Mixer
Thank you to everyone who came out August 9 to our Leadership Council Mixer at Vetted Well. Thanks to word of mouth from our Leadership Council members, we had a great turnout on the rooftop patio just south of Downtown Dallas. It was a beautiful night for a mixer, with a slight drizzle keeping us cool, as well as a faint rainbow on the horizon. Special thanks to our sponsor, Lorri Terkelsen, who helped make this event possible. We appreciate all of our friends, new and old, who made it out to Vetted Well, and we look forward to seeing you at another event soon!