For many students, State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) testing is underway, and CIS Dallas site coordinators are on campuses working extra hard to ensure students are equipped for success. But even the most accomplished students may experience anxieties and nerves during testing season. That’s why we asked our program staff what resources and testing strategies they use in the classroom each Spring.
If you are unsure what date(s) your student is participating in STAAR this year, visit the Student Assessment Testing Calendars to learn more.
- Visit Teachers Pay Teachers for free ‘Test Taking Tips’ downloadable content that can be filtered by grade level.
- Visit Sadlier School for lesson plans, games, and activities to support your students.
- Download our STAAR Test Resources for Educators zip folder.
- Includes: Motivational Print Outs for all grade levels, Math Test Taking Strategies Kit, SMART Test Taking Tips, and more.
- Visit ‘A Parent’s STAAR Checklist‘ from TEA.
- Includes: Sample STAAR Content, Online Practice Tests, Review Your Child’s STAAR Report Card.