CISDR joined the Dallas Chapter of the Women of AT&T (WOA Dallas), on Thursday, May 23 to honor outstanding high school graduates. Since 2013, WOA Dallas has partnered with CISDR to award college scholarships to graduating high school seniors to assist in attending an accredited post-secondary institution or technical vocational/trade school. Scholarship awards are based on academics and extracurricular activities, as well as a written essay and 20-second video from each candidate.
This year, a total of $16,000 was awarded to ten deserving students from three local high schools. Eight of these students will receive $1,500, and two will receive $2,000. We would like to give our sincere appreciation to all of the Women of AT&T members who volunteered their time and money to help these students start their college careers off on the right foot, as well as a hearty congratulations to the Class of 2019!
2019 Women of AT&T Scholarship Winners
Lake Highlands High School (Richardson ISD)
- Barbara Raygoza: $1,500 for Texas State University
- Jayland Scott: $1,500 for Trinity Valley Community College
McKinney North High School (McKinney ISD)
- Oluwafemisola Otubu: $1,500 for the University of Texas at Arlington
Thomas Jefferson High School (Dallas ISD)
- Ebelin Aguilar: $1,500 for Texas A&M University
- Milton Garcia Hernandez: $2,000 for the University of North Texas
- Sofia Miranda Rojas: $1,500 for Texas A&M University at Commerce
- Priscilla Mejia: $2,000 for Texas Women’s University
- Melody Riveria: $1,500 for Texas State University
- Joel Silva: $1,500 for the University of North Texas
- Mauricio Vazquez: $1,500 for Chapman University