A healthy mind starts with a healthy body. This Mindful Monday, take a moment to focus on your body.
- Take a deep breath. As you breathe out, scan your upper body from the top of your head to your hips. Notice any sensations – areas of tension, discomfort, relaxation, or other physical sensation.
- As you complete your scan, continue your breathing and focus in on any particularly strong sensations. Imagine yourself breathing into that area.
- As you breathe in, imagine all your air being directed to that location. As you breathe out, imagine the tension flowing out of your body with your breath. Continue to breathe into the area until it relaxes.
- Continue this practice with your lower body. Scan your hips, thighs, calves, and feet, noticing any other strong sensations. Breathe into those sensations and notice your body slowly relax into your chair.
- Continue this practice for as long as you need. Spend a few moments focusing on your breathing and give yourself a few moments to adjust.