The last few months have been stressful for everyone, but we can still find things to be grateful for. This Mindful Monday, take a moment of thanks with the following exercises.
- Take a long slow, deep breath in and slowly exhale. Feel any tension melting away as you gradually relax deeper with each breath.
- Take another long slow, deep breath in and exhale. Feel yourself drifting into a state of deep relaxation.
- In this safe, relaxed state reflect on all the things you’re grateful for: loved ones, breath in your lungs, sunshine, fresh air, a tasty meal, a nice comment from a peer – whatever comes to mind. As each gratitude appears, visualize yourself saying the words thank you to each.
- Allow the feeling of deep gratitude to come into your body. Notice where in your body the feeling is. Take a few deep breaths and allow this feeling to expand.
- Enjoy the pleasant feeling gratitude gives you, and feel it washing away your tension and negativity.
- When you’re ready, wiggle your toes and fingers, open your eyes and give yourself a few moments to adjust.